Are you a young or experienced researcher? Are you currently recruiting Ph.D. students and Postdocs? Do you wish to increase your citations using legitimate science outreach strategies? Are you on a lookout for research funding and collaborations?
If you answered with a “yes” to any of these questions, then you would definitely benefit from our video creation expertise. At Videonium, we create custom research promotion videos for your academic requirements. Industry research clearly shows that videos elicit a much higher response (e.g., 1,200% more shares and 80% more conversions) than conventional image- or text-based updates. Why not give it a shot today?
Top 5 Benefits of Research Promotion Videos
- Recruit Better Ph.D. Students/Postdocs: It generally costs principal investigators (PIs) anywhere between $500 and $1,000 to post an advertisement for a postdoctoral position on Science Careers/Nature Jobs. A professionally created video that gets shared among Ph.D. scholars/researchers, on the contrary, has the power to organically get job-related queries from truly diligent Ph.D. students throughout the year, without PIs having to spend enormous amounts of time and money on screening job applications. PIs can get the desired recruitment results for as little as $25!
- Post to YouTube and Boost Your Science Outreach: Publishing in reputed peer-reviewed journals alone does not fulfill the science outreach requirement, because most people are simply unable to grasp the intricacies of laboratory research. It is, therefore, every researcher’s duty to communicate his/her research effectively to society using popular video platforms. YouTube, the second most searched platform on the internet, is extremely popular among the age groups 18 to 24 and 25 to 34. Interestingly, most of the prospective Ph.D. students and Postdocs belong to these two age groups. Communicating your research effectively to your target audience through promotional videos can get you fantastic results.
- Increase Your Citations Legitimately: If an image is worth a thousand words, then a video is definitely worth even more. Not surprisingly, some of the world’s most prestigious journal publishers (e.g., Elsevier and Cell Press) have started requesting video abstracts. A video abstract/research promotion video effectively conveys the central theme of your research to your target audience using a variety of engaging content presentation techniques (e.g., storytelling or voice-over). A highly engaging and professionally created research video can help you get more visibility (and effectively more citations) using absolutely legitimate techniques. So why not give it a shot? Did you get a chance to check out the research updates that we have showcased on our YouTube channel?
- Get Invited to Overseas Conferences: It is a known fact that event organizers are always on a lookout for excellent science communicators. If you are able to communicate your research effectively to your peers from around the world, then this does, in fact, open doors to plenty of networking and brainstorming opportunities. Getting invited as a distinguished speaker or subject expert to authentic international conferences certainly has its own perks. Organizing a conference/workshop? Do visit our services page. We do create promotional videos for all such events too.
- Attract More Collaborators/Extramural Funding: People who communicate their research effectively are also able to attract plenty of potential collaborators. Nowadays, a lot of research happens through extramural collaborations. If you review some of the recent papers published in Science, Cell, or Nature, you will realize almost instantly that most of these publications are the direct results of highly effective research collaborations (and of course the extra funding that they bring in)!
So how about getting started with your first research promotion video today? Simply fill in the form below; we will get in touch with you within 48 hours.
#research #scicomm #citations #publications
In our previous abstract, we mentioned something about why many businesses find it difficult to finalize a script for their product- or service-related video(s). We also shared tips to help businesses overcome this hurdle. Today, we are sharing examples of two (fictitious) service-related videos that we produced just to demonstrate what all goes into such videos. Please visit our YouTube channel for more insights. If you want us to create custom videos for you, please visit our pricing page and place an order whenever you are ready. Meanwhile, if you have any related queries, please share them with us using the contact form at the top.
In the previous abstract, we mentioned something about how important it is to create meaningful videos for selling products, services, event tickets, etc. The reason why many businesses or event organizers have zero presence on YouTube is because they do not know where exactly to start. However, this decision is really easy to take. All you need to worry about is the video script. The rest can be taken care of by industry professionals like us. At times, you could do it yourself too. A script basically highlights the elements that need to go into the actual video. Elements could include monologues, dialogues, types of characters, actions, details about the background scenery, details about the background score, special instructions, things to avoid, etc. The list below describes the types of videos that can get you good leads for your business or event. Need examples of good service, product, or event videos? Read our next abstract to find out the answer.
Popular Video Types
- Whiteboard animations: No camera required. Yes, that’s correct! All you need is a software for animating the finalized video script. Powtoon and Vyond are two popular platforms for creating whiteboard animations.
- Spokesperson videos: These videos are created by professional freelancers for a fee. These could be shot using a green screen/blue screen or any other background of choice. However, it is indeed critical to choose a truly professional spokesperson for all such videos. The hired spokesperson must connect well with the audience and he/she should be able to speak very clearly.
- Story-based videos: These videos include one or more fictitious character(s) and they narrate a story that the target audience can relate to very easily. Story-based videos are generally made using animated characters (e.g., “Meet Jacob. He has been trying to sell tickets to his music concert all day long without much success. Let’s share some useful tips with him!”). Story-based videos can be made using animation platforms such as Powtoon and Vyond. They could also be made using professional actors.
According to an Alexa.com report, YouTube is by far the second most searched platform on the internet. Millions of digital users from across the globe search for custom solutions on YouTube every single minute. Surprisingly, many businesses have zero presence on YouTube and most of the content they post remains restricted to websites/blogs or to other social media handles such as Facebook and Twitter. According to content marketing experts, engaging videos that deliver the key message effectively generate 1,200% more shares than text-based blogs or content-rich images. In other words, if you spend $1,000 on designing a professional-looking website or blog with plenty of attractive images, it won’t get you enough eyeballs unless and until you add engaging videos to your agenda. Why then, are businesses not cashing on this fantastic opportunity? Read our next abstract to find out the answer.
- Note down what your product or service will offer to prospective clients.
- Identify your business strengths (e.g., global outreach, deep understanding of client requirements, highly qualified product managers, etc.).
- Identify your unique offerings (features/services that your competing brand does not offer).
- Identify one or more problem areas and tell prospective clients how your business can offer smart solutions.
- Make an engaging video by incorporating all of the above!