Why Make Videos Promoting Research?
Are you a young or experienced researcher? Are you currently recruiting Ph.D. students and Postdocs? Do you wish to increase your citations using legitimate science outreach strategies? Are you on a lookout for research funding and collaborations?
If you answered with a “yes” to any of these questions, then you would definitely benefit from our video creation expertise. At Videonium, we create custom research promotion videos for your academic requirements. Industry research clearly shows that videos elicit a much higher response (e.g., 1,200% more shares and 80% more conversions) than conventional image- or text-based updates. Why not give it a shot today?
Top 5 Benefits of Research Promotion Videos
- Recruit Better Ph.D. Students/Postdocs: It generally costs principal investigators (PIs) anywhere between $500 and $1,000 to post an advertisement for a postdoctoral position on Science Careers/Nature Jobs. A professionally created video that gets shared among Ph.D. scholars/researchers, on the contrary, has the power to organically get job-related queries from truly diligent Ph.D. students throughout the year, without PIs having to spend enormous amounts of time and money on screening job applications. PIs can get the desired recruitment results for as little as $25!
- Post to YouTube and Boost Your Science Outreach: Publishing in reputed peer-reviewed journals alone does not fulfill the science outreach requirement, because most people are simply unable to grasp the intricacies of laboratory research. It is, therefore, every researcher’s duty to communicate his/her research effectively to society using popular video platforms. YouTube, the second most searched platform on the internet, is extremely popular among the age groups 18 to 24 and 25 to 34. Interestingly, most of the prospective Ph.D. students and Postdocs belong to these two age groups. Communicating your research effectively to your target audience through promotional videos can get you fantastic results.
- Increase Your Citations Legitimately: If an image is worth a thousand words, then a video is definitely worth even more. Not surprisingly, some of the world’s most prestigious journal publishers (e.g., Elsevier and Cell Press) have started requesting video abstracts. A video abstract/research promotion video effectively conveys the central theme of your research to your target audience using a variety of engaging content presentation techniques (e.g., storytelling or voice-over). A highly engaging and professionally created research video can help you get more visibility (and effectively more citations) using absolutely legitimate techniques. So why not give it a shot? Did you get a chance to check out the research updates that we have showcased on our YouTube channel?
- Get Invited to Overseas Conferences: It is a known fact that event organizers are always on a lookout for excellent science communicators. If you are able to communicate your research effectively to your peers from around the world, then this does, in fact, open doors to plenty of networking and brainstorming opportunities. Getting invited as a distinguished speaker or subject expert to authentic international conferences certainly has its own perks. Organizing a conference/workshop? Do visit our services page. We do create promotional videos for all such events too.
- Attract More Collaborators/Extramural Funding: People who communicate their research effectively are also able to attract plenty of potential collaborators. Nowadays, a lot of research happens through extramural collaborations. If you review some of the recent papers published in Science, Cell, or Nature, you will realize almost instantly that most of these publications are the direct results of highly effective research collaborations (and of course the extra funding that they bring in)!
So how about getting started with your first research promotion video today? Simply fill in the form below; we will get in touch with you within 48 hours.
#research #scicomm #citations #publications